The first municipal sanitary sewer system was installed. This was upgraded twice; once in 1949 and again in 1990.
The town installed a municipal water system with a 60,000 gallon water tower. This tower was replaced in 1988 with a 150,000 gallon water tower.
Oil street lights were replaced with electric lights.
Horse and buggy were still the main form of transportation, but automobiles became more common.
Actual fire department established with pumpers and a building to house equipment.
Installed street lights powered with oil.
Telephone established in the community.