Posted: September 8, 2021
Present: Goltz, Holthaus, Langreck, Lienau at 5:19
Also Present: Art Uhlenhake, Ryan Becker, Dustin Baumler, Brian Zweibohmer, Chad Bohr,
Sheriff Dan Marx was present during his presentation.
Following the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, Mayor Beckman called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
Sheriff Marx discussed the 28E agreement with Calmar and how the Winneshiek County Sheriff’s Department responds to events in Ossian.
Dustin Baumler informed the council that installation is complete on the security cameras at the shop/fire station.
Council reviewed the submitted police report for August.
Mayor Beckman’s report included: ARP funds, Ossian Fest, and recent completed projects around Ossian.
Langreck made a motion approving the following consent items: August 2, 2021 and August 23, 2021 council minutes, clerk’s reports and the monthly bills, seconded by Goltz, carried.
Goltz made a motion setting the public hearing date and time to amend the FY22 Budget for October 4, 2021 at 5:00 p.m., seconded by Lienau, carried.
Council had continued discussion on curb stops on Highway 52. Per City ordinance, this is the homeowner’s responsibility. There are 33 that do not work and will need to be fixed prior to the start of the Highway 52 project. Discussion on curb stops was tabled to gather more information.
Lienau made a motion approving an agreement with Calmar for police services; second by Goltz, carried.
Langreck made a motion introducing Ordinance #86, an ordinance adding previsions pertaining to sidewalk reimbursement;
seconded by Holthaus.
Whereupon the Mayor put the question on the motion and the following named Council Members voted:
Ayes: Holthaus, Goltz, Lienau, Langreck. Nays: None. Absent: Knutson
Whereupon the Mayor declared said motion carried.
Langreck made a motion to waive the second and third readings of Ordinance #86, and Ordinance #86 be passed and approved, second by Goltz. Whereupon the Mayor put the question on the motion and the following named Council Members voted:
Ayes: Lienau, Langreck, Goltz, Holthaus. Nays: None. Absent: Knutson
Whereupon the Mayor declared said motion carried with Ordinance #86 becoming effective upon publication.
Council reviewed the Annual Financial Report and Street Finance Report.
Holthaus made a motion to approve the City’s Investment Policy; second by Langreck, carried.
Lienau made a motion to use $22,000 of the American Rescue Plan funds to grout additional sewer lines on Boody Street; second by Goltz, carried.
Council had discussion on several nuisance properties in town.
Council had a general discussion regarding insurance, fire truck tires, Soo Green franchise agreement, and Becker Avenue seal coating.
Goltz made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Langreck carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:44 pm.
August 2021 Expenses
- Acentek 704.90
- Aflac–employee insurance 211.00
- Alliant Energy–elect utilities 5794.89
- Ashley Goltz–reimb 245.91
- Badger Meter–services 64.65
- Baker & Taylor–libr books 279.46
- Becker Hardware–maint supplies/repair 821.27
- Biblionix–books 800.00
- Black Hills Energy–gas utilities 189.09
- Book Look–books 269.84
- Brian Zweibohmer–reimb 56.00
- Card Services–training 533.12
- Casey’s–vehicle operations 694.98
- Center Point–library books 386.44
- Chad Bohr–reimb 56.00
- City Laundering–services 449.63
- Croell–repair 114.00
- Dillan Law Firm–legal 615.00
- Iowa DNR–fees 210.00
- Don Dilaura–reimb 6.00
- Family Support Payment Center 1423.00
- Fayette Publishing–publishing 95.39
- Fidelity Bank & Trust 6342.44
- Goodhousekeeping–library subscrip 32.07
- Hach–supplies 2439.89
- Hawkins–supplies 4439.25
- Hi–Viz Safety–signs 99.00
- IAMU–dues 353.04
- Iowa One Call–services 30.70
- IPERS–August Ipers 2541.11
- Keystone–fees 352.80
- Kyle Meyer–services 725.00
- La Crosse Sign Co.–services 172.50
- Luana Savings Bank–HSA/fees 470.00
- Malcom–garbage service 5137.11
- Marco–technology 130.00
- Mid–American Reseach–chemicals 215.76
- McMullen Coating–services 4160.00
- Meyer Concrete–repair 2350.00
- Midwest Tape–library videos 133.71
- Ossian Post Office–postage 309.55
- Pala Custom Fencing–repair 7549.79
- People–library subscrip 78.30
- Quill–supplies 37.56
- Reilly Const.–repair 622.78
- Riley’s Inc – library tech 30.00
- Safety X–Treme–clothing 127.37
- South Winn Rec–dues 6000.00
- Spee–dee Delivery–shipping 76.84
- Steve Steinberg–services 70.00
- UERPC–dues 25.00
- USA Bluebook–supples 49.86
- Utility Equipment Company–supplies 4972.95
- Visu–Sewer–maint 9116.03
- Wellmark–heath insurance 1792.64
- August 2021 payroll 15464.56
August 2021 Expenses by Fund
- General 43564.95
- Road Use 8002.39
- Employee Benefits 872.65
- Water 14865.37
- Sewer 23162.82
August 2021 Receipts
- General 5998.81
- Road Use Tax 7850.46
- Local Option Sales Tax 10299.38
- ARP Funds 57970.21
- Water 10261.45
- Sewer 12869.68