Posted: October 5, 2020
Present: Holthaus, Goltz, Langreck, Knutson, Lienau.
Also present: Don Dilaura, Brian Zweibohmer, Mike Meyer, Bonita Oliver and Zak Kriener from Fayette Publishing
Joe and Kristin Kriener were present for a portion of the meeting.
Following the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, Mayor Beckman called the meeting to order at 5:00 pm.
Bonita Oliver thanked the Council for hosting Fall Cleanup Day and their attention to several properties around town. Oliver approached the Council regarding trees and removal and replacing, specifically in the boulevard and the upcoming Highway 52 project.
Joe Kriener addressed the Council regarding putting a small septic unit in for the shed.
The Mayor and Council reviewed the submitted September police report.
Mayor Beckman’s report included: Highway 52 project, Fall Cleanup Day, stonework at Carey’s Park, abandoned vehicles, Vinton Tuckpointing completion, and security camera installation.
Knutson made a motion approving the following consent items: September 2, 2020 council minutes, clerk’s reports and the monthly bills, seconded by Goltz, carried.
Lienau made a motion approving Corrpor Waterworks Contract – Plan C for the inspection of the cathodic protection corrosion control equipment in the water tower, second by Langreck, carried
Lienau made a motion to allow Kriener to put a separate septic unit in for his shed, second by Holthaus, carried.
Discussion regarding the back door at Old City Hall was tabled to gather more information.
Holthaus made a motion to approve wiring for a generator at the Kuhn lift with work to be done by Allied Systems, Inc., second by Langreck, carried.
Made a motion to approve a fence permit for William Toj pending that the material used complies with the building ordinance, second by Holthaus, carried.
The lagoon fence was tabled until the spring to gather further information.
Council had general discussion regarding the Employee Handbook.
Lienau made a motion to approve the alcoholic beverages permit renewal for Blooms on Main for wine, second by Knutson, carried.
Lienau made a motion to purchase a laptop for not more than $600 and a power cord needed to program the flashing pedestrian signs,
second by Holthaus, carried
Lienau made a motion to purchase a framed 20×28 aerial picture to be hung in the Community Center, second by Knutson, carried.
After discussion, trick or treating will be on Halloween from 5-8pm. Social distancing and mask wearing are strongly encouraged.
Council had a general discussion regarding community center use, office equipment, property update and livestock ordinance.
Lienau made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Goltz, carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:54 pm.
September 2020 Expenses
- Acentek 775.94
- Aflac–employee insurance 335.92
- Albertson Construction–street repair 704.00
- Alliant Energy–elect utilities 5974.60
- Badger Meter–service fees 64.50
- Baker & Taylor Co–books 468.71
- Banyon Data Systems–tech services 1190.00
- Becker Hardware–maint supplies/repair 254.26
- Black Hills Energy–gas utilities 160.85
- Bodensteiner Implement–power washer 919.00
- Brian Zweibohmer–phone & mtg reimb 56.00
- Bruening Recycling–services 455.00
- Card Services–operating supplies 49.50
- Casey’s–vehicle operations 255.95
- Center Point Large Print–books 27.27
- City Laundering–services 114.65
- David Knutson–reimb 200.00
- Dillon Law P.C.–legal 574.76
- Don Dilaura–phone 50.00
- Donna’s Painting–services 120.00
- Family Support Payment Center 1423.00
- Farmer’s Union Coop–supplies 68.00
- Fayette Publishing–publication fee 303.25
- Fidelity Bank & Trust 2608.86
- Goodhouskeeping–subscription 33.16
- Hach Company–supplies 2515.79
- Harvey Zweibohmer–bus services 1200.00
- Hawkins–supplies 10.00
- Iowa League of Cities–due 768.00
- Iowa Prison Industries–signs 265.32
- Iowa Rural Water Assoc–conference fee 160.00
- IPERS–September Ipers 2034.95
- Jerome Massman–services 980.00
- John Deere Financial–repair 29.66
- Keystone–lab fees 312.50
- Kyle L Meyer–mowing 580.00
- Luana Savings Bank–HSA pymt 450.00
- Luana Savings Bank–service fees 10.00
- Malcom Enterprises–garbage serv. 5027.17
- Marvin Meyer–mtg reimb 48.30
- Meyer Concrete–project pymt 39940.11
- Ossian Post Office–postage 202.35
- Reilly Construction–repair 2684.19
- Reliable Dumpster Service–services 222.30
- Riley’s Inc – libr supplies 30.00
- Secretary of State–fee 30.00
- South Winn School–bus services 473.10
- Spee–dee Delivery–shipping 51.57
- State Library of IA – books 75.70
- Taste of Home–subscription 45.15
- The Iowan–subscription 24.00
- Tree Doctor Services–tree 2145.00
- Wellmark–health insurance 3393.17
- Winneshiek Co. Engineer–signs 42.29
- Ziegler Inc–maint contract 3547.99
- September 2020 payroll 6814.30
September 2020 Expenses by Fund
- General 28828.49
- Road Use 2760.79
- Employee Benefits 150.00
- Capital Project 39940.11
- Water 13197.25
- Sewer 6423.45
September 2020 Receipts
- General 43783.22
- Road Use Tax 12000.44
- Employee Benefits 5706.99
- Emergency 1027.22
- Local Option Sales Tax 9814.17
- Debt Service 8879.86
- Water 13052.68
- Sewer 16207.43