Posted: October 3, 2022
Present: Goltz, Holthaus, Knutson, Langreck, Lienau Absent: None
City employees present: Ashley Goltz
Also present: Kermit Oakland, Mike Meyer, Bill Green
Following the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, Mayor Beckman called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
Council reviewed the submitted police and mayor reports for September.
Langreck made a motion approving the following consent items: September 7, 2022 council minutes, clerk’s reports, and the monthly bills; seconded by Goltz, carried.
Dustin Baumler, Corey Wiltgen and Judy Lechtenberg addressed recent curb stop repairs.
The council discussed 100 E. Main Street and 119 W. Main Street. City Attorney Pat Dillon attended the council meeting by phone call at 5:30 to discuss these properties. The conversation with Dillon ended at 5:40.
Lienau made a motion approving the emergency communications tower with lease agreement with Winneshiek County; second by Holthaus, carried.
Lienau made a motion to clean up at boulevard tree at 102 E. Brooks Street; second by Goltz, carried.
Discussion of storm drains and intakes on Brooks Street and Farmer’s Union Coop was tabled.
Goltz made a motion approving a bid for Meyer Concrete to complete street repairs on Brooks Street; second by Holthaus, carried.
Holthaus made a motion to approve the alcoholic beverages permit renewal for Blooms on Main and Bambinos pending dram shop, second by Langreck, carried with Lienau abstaining.
Council had a general discussion regarding Highway 52 project, city properties, curb stop repairs, city-wide cleanup, employee training, and Soo Green.
Holthaus made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Langreck; carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:10pm.
September 2022 Expenses
- Acentek 867.99
- Aflac–employee insurance 211.00
- Albert Cline–tree removal 4000.00
- Alliant Energy–elect utilities 7348.19
- Allied Benefit Systems–insurance 1617.63
- Badger Meter–services 64.95
- Baker & Taylor–libr books 155.76
- Banyon Data Systems–service fees 1235.00
- Becker Hardware–supplies 1414.83
- Black Hills Energy–gas utilities 196.70
- Book Look–libr books 207.88
- Brian Zweibohmer–reimb 50.00
- Bruening Rock Products–rock 632.71
- Card Services–supplies 135.25
- Casey’s General Store–fuel 1167.01
- Chad Bohr–reimb 111.69
- City Laundering Co.–services 139.85
- Custom Alarm–tech 1497.90
- Decorah Mobile Glass–repairs 310.00
- Diamond Vogel–supplies 222.60
- Dillon Law–legal 220.00
- Display Sales–supplies 3154.00
- Family Support Payment Center 1423.00
- Farmer’s Union Coop–supplies 178.75
- Fayette Publishing–publishing 165.25
- Fidelity Bank & Trust 3072.76
- Good Housekeeping–libr subscrip 32.07
- Graham Goltz–repairs 227.50
- Gundersen Health Services–fees 89.00
- Hach Co.–supplies 4276.70
- Harvey Zweibohmer–services 1720.00
- Hawkins–supplies 40.00
- Howard’s Tire–tires 1090.00
- IMFOA–training 125.00
- Iowa Rural Water Assoc–training 340.00
- Iowa State University–training 176.00
- IPERS–September Ipers 2077.03
- Iroc Web Design–website 1200.00
- Keystone Lab–lab fees 253.25
- Kyle Meyer–mowing 640.00
- L&B Electric–repairs 487.96
- Luana Savings Bank–HSA/fees 460.00
- Macqueen Equip–supplies 61.91
- Malcom–garbage 5908.90
- Marco–technology 270.20
- Microbac Lab–lab fees 193.50
- Ossian Post Office–postage 256.34
- People–libr subscrip 88.92
- Quill–supplies 280.98
- South Winn School–mileage 950.00
- Spee–dee Delivery–shipping 112.93
- Tieskoetter Lawn Care–tree removal 1075.00
- Treasurer State of Iowa– taxes 2312.70
- Utility Equipment Co–supplies 125.40
- Ziegler–repairs 46.40
- September 2022 payroll 7684.80
September 2022 Expenses by Fund
- General 35625.36
- Road Use 3305.15
- Employee Benefits 830.63
- Capital Projects 1075.00
- Water 11463.01
- Sewer 10104.04
September 2022 Receipts
- General 39895.96
- Road Use Tax 12577.61
- Employee Benefits 3530.56
- Emergency 920.48
- Local Option Sales Tax 17798.84
- Debt Service 10917.10
- Water 13181.43
- Sewer 16518.10