Posted: November 6, 2017
Present: Lienau, Langreck, Holthaus, Beckman.
Don Dilaura along with Zak Kriener from the Ossian Bee were present during the meeting.
Following the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, Mayor Green called the meeting to order at 5:00 pm.
Mayor Green reported on various items that included: speeding and stop sign matters being monitored; the Mary-Brooks Street intersection is finished; filling in the ditch on the south end of Jessie Streets is going well.
Lienau made a motion approving the following consent items: October 2, 2017 council minutes, clerk’s reports and the monthly bills, seconded by Holthaus, carried, one absent.
Beckman made a motion authorizing Payment #4-Final in the amount of $11,464.36 to Bacon Concrete, LLC for the Reilly Addition Interceptor Sewer Project, seconded by Langreck, carried, one absent.
The city clerk reported Bill Nelson, the engineer working with the Military Trail Estates First Addition subdivision, was not ready to present any new information and hopes to have final documents ready for the December 4, 2017 council meeting.
Beckman made a motion authorizing the City of Ossian to enter into a Financial Service Agreement with Speer Financial, Inc. as a Municipal Advisor to provide municipal related financial services, seconded by Lienau, carried, one absent.
Beckman made a motion introducing Ordinance #72, an ordinance amending the Code of Ordinances of the City of Ossian. Iowa, by amending provisions pertaining to service charges for water service, and that it be read for the first time, seconded by Holthaus.
Whereupon the Mayor put the question on the motion and the following named Council Members voted:
Ayes: Holthaus, Langreck, Lienau, Beckman.
Nays: None. Absent: Meyer.
Thereupon the Mayor declared said motion approved.
Lienau made a motion approving a proposal for meter interface annual support from Banyon Data in the amount of $295.00, seconded by Langreck, carried, one absent.
The Mayor reported the property owner at 109 Old Sewer Road told him he had submitted the necessary paperwork to the State of Iowa that will validate his business being operated from his property. As a result the nuisance issue on the property was tabled until the December 4, 2017 council meeting.
Holthaus made a motion approving a building permit submitted by Randy Tieskoetter, seconded by Lienau, carried, one absent.
Beckman made a motion authorizing an annual $100 fuel reimbursement to the city’s yard waste site monitor for use of a personal vehicle, seconded by Lienau, carried, one absent.
Beckman made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Lienau, carried, one absent. Meeting adjourned at 6:00 pm.
October 2017 Expenses
- Acentek-phone/internet charges 493.50
- Aflac-employee deduction 254.40
- Alliant Energy-elect utilities 4941.49
- AllRecipies-subscription 9.00
- Anderson Law Firm-legal fees 100.00
- Bacon Concrete-construction project 2348.50
- Baker & Taylor-library books 423.62
- Becker Hardware-repair & supplies 56.98
- Black Hills Energy-gas utilities 184.32
- Bohr Construction-concrete repair 480.00
- Brian Zweibohmer-phone reimb 50.00
- Capco Products-repair 160.89
- Cardmember Service-library supplies 40.00
- Casey’s-vehicle operations 451.73
- Center Point Large Pring-library books 69.64
- City Laundering-services&supplies 213.72
- City of Calmar-police services 15250.00
- Croell Inc-construction project 37499.10
- Data Technologies-meeting fee 95.00
- IDNR-permit fee 134.00
- Don Dilaura-phone,mtg,supp reimb 162.19
- Family Support Pymt Ctr-pymt service 1423.00
- Farmers Union Coop-grass seed 198.66
- Fayette Publishing-publication fee 90.08
- Grand Harbor Resort-lodging 204.70
- Green Lawn-weed control 1010.00
- Hawkins-operating supplies 15.00
- IAMU-dues, mtg fees 519.41
- IA Water Environment Assoc-mtg fees 60.00
- IIW Engineers-engineering fees 14739.25
- Iowa League of Cities-mtg fee 45.00
- IPERS-October Ipers 2142.92
- Joe Helgeson-pavilion dedication service 400.00
- Josh Buddenberg-pavilion dedic.service 25.00
- Keystone Lab-lab fees 288.40
- Kyle Meyer-services 675.00
- L&B Electric-repair 72.14
- Luana Savings Bank-h.s.a.pymt, fees 470.00
- Malcom Enterprises-garbage service 4883.73
- Marvin Meyer-mtg reimb 47.18
- Midwest Living-subscription 15.00
- Midwest Tape-videos 93.40
- Mr. Computers-tech services 195.00
- Ossian Lumber Co.-supplies 52.17
- Ossian Post Office-postage 191.80
- Our Iowa Magazine-subscription 19.98
- Postville Vet Clinic-ups charges 90.00
- Reilly Const.-equip repair 703.46
- Riley’s-library supplies 30.00
- Rite Price Office-library supplies 60.61
- Simple & Delicious-subscription 14.98
- Smart Apple Media-library books 77.85
- IRS-Oct. Federal deposit 3649.66
- Storey Kenworthy-supplies 726.00
- Treas State of IA-3rd qtr sales tax 2240.00
- Utility Equip Co.-maint. Supplies 124.62
- Wellmark-insurance premium 2772.11
- Winneshiek Co. Engineer-supplies 190.14
- Ziegler-equip service agreement 3548.40
- October 2017 payroll 7723.45
October 2017 Expenses by Fund
- General 36020.75
- Road Use 3091.02
- Employee Benefits 978.24
- Capitol Projects 54277.85
- Water 12464.26
- Sewer 6414.06
October 2017 Receipts
- General 77729.69
- Road Use Tax 7263.33
- Employee Benefits 11740.29
- Emergency 1902.98
- Local Option Tax 7948.63
- Capitol Projects 16577.36
- Debt Service 10323.20
- Water 11229.70
- Sewer 12933.31