Posted: November 5, 2018
Present: Beckman, Knutson, Holthaus, Langreck, Lienau.
Don Dilaura, Brian Zweibohmer, and Zak Kriener from the Ossian Bee were present during the meeting.
Following the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, Mayor Green called the meeting to order at 5:00 pm.
A written monthly police report submitted by Officer Ward was reviewed.
Mayor Green reported that more work has taken place at the new subdivision, a storm sewer through property at 108 E. Brooks Street has been replaced, and donated funds will help fund stump removal in Hillside Cemetery. Green also mentioned that Winneshiek County Emergency Management is working to obtain a portable generator that could be available to communities during emergency situations.
Beckman made a motion approving the following consent items: October 1, 2018 council minutes, clerk’s reports and the monthly bills, seconded by Lienau, carried.
The city clerk asked the Council to consider applying for a credit card for the City. Currently city employees use their own credit card when one is required for a purchase. Typically it is for online computer program renewals and employee conference expenses. Following discussion Lienau made a motion introducing Resolution #611, a resolution agreeing to participate in a credit card program, seconded by Beckman.
Whereupon the Mayor put the question on the motion and the following named Council Members voted:
Ayes: Holthaus, Lienau, Beckman, Knutson.
Whereupon the Mayor declared said motion carried and the resolution adopted.
Approving a credit card policy was tabled until further review by the Council.
The Council discussed options for an active nuisance that has not been abated. The city clerk was directed to contact the city attorney for the formal proceedings necessary to proceed to abate the nuisance.
Don Dilaura told the Council there will be some repairs needed to one of the lift stations. He also noted there have been some problems with a couple of the aerators at the sewage lagoon that will require maintenance.
Beckman made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Knutson, carried. Meeting adjourned at 5:35 pm.
October 2018 Expenses
- Acentek-phone/internet charges 493.63
- Aflac-employee deduction 254.40
- Alliant Energy-elect utilities 6171.93
- Badger Meter-service fee 64.20
- Baker & Taylor-library books 514.63
- Becker Hardware-repair & supplies 1504.86
- Black Hills Energy-gas utilities 222.17
- Brian Zweibohmer-phone & mtgs reimb 66.00
- Bruening Recycling-services 530.00
- Cardmember Service-library supp. 68.72
- Casey’s-vehicle operations 367.73
- Center Point Large Print-library books 80.41
- City Laundering-services&supplies 94.42
- City of Calmar-police services 15250.00
- Dennis Hageman Const-maint services 250.00
- IDNR-permit fee 134.00
- Don Dilaura-phone & mtgs reimb 437.91
- Family Support Pymt Ctr-pymt service 1423.00
- Fayette Publishing-publication fee 86.47
- Hawkins-operating supplies 15.00
- IAMU-dues & mtg fees 375.20
- Simmering-Cory-services 139.00
- Iowa League of Cities-workshop 45.00 fee
- IPERS-Oct. Ipers 2247.81
- Keystone Lab-lab fees 228.50
- Kyle Meyer-mowing services 700.00
- L&B Electric-repair 47.00
- Linderbaum Auto Co-maint services 15.00
- Luana Savings Bank-h.s.a.pymt & fees 470.00
- Malcom Enterprises-garbage service 5032.73
- Midwest Tajpe-library videos 19.68
- Ossian Lumber Co-supplies 35.07
- Ossian Post Office-postage 146.65
- Ossian Public Library-petty cash 76.31
- Our Iowa Magazine-subscription 19.98
- Postville Vet Clinic-ups charges 84.00
- Quill Corporation-supplies 31.98
- Randy Bohr-building services 6700.00
- Reilly Const-rapair 206.90
- Reilable Dumpster Service-services 181.41
- Reminisce Extra-subscription 14.98
- Riley’s-library supplies 30.00
- Rite Price Office-supplies 48.36
- Simple & Delicious-subscription 19.98
- Smart Applie Media-library books 180.61
- IRS-Oct. Federal deposit 3427.40
- Taste of Home-subscription 19.98
- Treasurer State of Iowa- sales/excise tx 2037.00
- Tri State Doors-door repairs 750.00
- Uline-maint supplies 1174.85
- Wellmark-insurance 3268.46
- Ziegler-equipment services 3453.33
- October 2018 payroll 7625.29
October 2018 Expenses by Fund
- General 44372.39
- Road Use 2266.37
- Employee Benefits 1118.17
- Water 12243.43
- Sewer 6881.58
October 2018 Receipts
- General 76847.40
- Road Use Tax 7574.12
- Employee Benefits 7357.34
- Emergency 1773.28
- Local Option Sales Tax 8290.94
- Debt Service 17406.74
- Water 12654.58
- Sewer 14312.27