Posted: November 2, 2020
Present: Holthaus, Goltz, Langreck, Knutson, Lienau
Also present: Neil Jones Don Dilaura, Zak Kriener from Fayette Publishing
Craig Schoenfeld and Regan Becker were present for a portion of the meeting
Following the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, Mayor Beckman called the meeting to order at 5:00 pm.
Craig Schoenfeld and Neil Jones from Soo Green gave a presentation on the HVDC Transmission line. This project is scheduled to start in 2022 and last three years. The City of Ossian and Soo Green will work together on a franchise agreement.
Regan Becker addressed the Council regarding the current air conditioning unit in the library and information on new units along with payment options.
The Mayor and Council reviewed the submitted October police report.
Mayor Beckman’s report included: Highway 52 project, abandoned vehicles, ICAP insurance rates, flashing pedestrian lights, security camera installation and street maintenance updates.
Holthaus presented the Council with a flashing stop sign that could be used for the crosswalk at the east end of town.
Lienau made a motion approving the following consent items: October 5, 2020 council minutes, clerk’s reports and the monthly bills, seconded by Langreck, carried.
Discussion regarding the back door at Old City Hall was tabled to gather more information.
Lienau made a motion to purchase a 16Seer air conditioning unit from Becker Hardware for $6561.00 with the potential to add an air exchanger if needed, second by Langreck, carried. Per agreement, the City will pay half the costs in FY21 and the remaining balance in FY22.
Council had a general discussion regarding purchasing a fogger, community center use, office equipment, sewer cleaning/manhole repairs, fire station vent, property update and fence and livestock ordinances.
Lienau made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Goltz, carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:44 pm.
October 2020 Expenses
- Acentek 701.16
- Aflac–employee insurance 335.92
- Alliant Energy–elect utilities 4687.15
- Allrecipes–subcription 12.00
- Badger Meter–service fees 64.50
- Baker & Taylor Co–books 381.76
- Barco–signs 1492.90
- Becker Hardware–maint supplies/repair 190.86
- Black Hills Energy–gas utilities 174.73
- Book Look 218.87
- Brian Zweibohmer–phone & mtg reimb 100.00
- Capco–supplies 14.75
- Card Services–operating supplies 361.30
- Casey’s–vehicle operations 280.87
- Chuck’s Service–supplies 6.36
- City Laundering–services 356.18
- City of Calmar–police services 15250.00
- Consumer Reports–subscription 32.10
- Corrpro–services 965.00
- Decorah Tech–tech services 521.63
- Diamond Vogel–supplies 533.97
- Dillon Law P.C.–legal 96.50
- Don Dilaura–phone/reimb 307.88
- Family Support Payment Center 1423.00
- Fayette Publishing–publication fee 208.79
- Fidelity Bank & Trust 2608.43
- Food Network–subscription 34.97
- Green Lawn–weed control 1010.00
- Greg Cromer–photo 345.00
- Hawkins–supplies 15.00
- Hemesath Enterprises–services 2222.22
- Iowa DNR–permit fee 95.00
- Iowa One Call 23.40
- IPERS–October Ipers 2037.03
- John Deere Financial–parts 451.51
- Keystone–lab fees 174.50
- Kyle L Meyer–mowing 290.00
- Luana Savings Bank–HSA pymt 900.00
- Malcom Enterprises–garbage serv 10065.84
- Midwest Geographical Services 888.75
- Mid–American Research Chemical–supplies 516.71
- Midwest Tape–videos 183.95
- Mobotrex–tech supplies 168.00
- Ossian Post Office–postage 201.65
- Outdoor Recreation Products–plaque 212.00
- Quill–supplies 21.45
- Reilly Construction–repair 4311.66
- Riley’s Inc – libr supplies 30.00
- Sidewalk Reimbursement 45.00
- Spee–dee Delivery–shipping 163.14
- USA Bluebook–supplies 252.11
- Utility Equipment Co–supplies 151.48
- Vinton Tuckpointing–repair 61285.00
- Wellmark–heath insurance 3393.17
- Winneshiek Co. Engineer–signs 132.27
- Ziegler–parts 71.97
- October 2020 payroll 6829.34
October 2020 Expenses by Fund
- General 47276.83
- Road Use 2662.73
- Employee Benefits 725.81
- Capital Project 63507.22
- Water 8210.95
- Sewer 5465.19
October 2020 Receipts
- General 91336.51
- Road Use Tax 7307.70
- Employee Benefits 12482.42
- Emergency 2246.76
- Local Option Sales Tax 9814.18
- Debt Service 20593.18
- Water 12795.99
- Sewer 14325.60