Posted: November 1, 2021
Present: Goltz, Langreck, Lienau, Knutson
Also Present: Mike Meyer, Jared Kelly, Janet Monroe, Brian Zweibohmer, Chad Bohr
Following the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, Mayor Beckman called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
Janet Monroe talked with the council about curb stops and sidewalk replacement.
Jared Kelly addressed the council about his curb stop replacement.
Council reviewed the submitted police report for October.
Mayor Beckman’s report included: meetings attended, street project updates, and annual audit exam.
Lienau made a motion approving the following consent items: October 4, 2021 council minutes, clerk’s reports and the monthly bills, seconded by Knutson, carried.
Lienau made a motion approving an agreement with Allpaid allowing the City Clerk’s office to accept debit/credit cards as a form of payment for utility bills, second by Langreck, carried.
Council had discussion on North Street repairs scheduled for this fall. Meyer Concrete would like to do the repair 2022 instead.
Council had discussion on purchasing two tires for the 2005 dump truck.
Council had discussion on nuisance properties in town.
Council had a general discussion regarding the recent annual exam, splash pad, sewer slip lining, grants, and upcoming budget season.
Goltz made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Lienau carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:20pm.
October 2021 Expenses
- Acentek 701.47
- Aflac–employee insurance 346.36
- Alliant Energy–elect utilities 5362.28
- Badger Meter–services 64.95
- Baker & Taylor–libr books 351.60
- Becker Hardware–maint supplies/repair 123.31
- Black Hills Energy–gas utilities 193.47
- Brian Zweibohmer–reimb 50.00
- Bruening Recycling–services 735.00
- Card Services–training 79.50
- Casey’s–vehicle operations 505.41
- Chad Bohr–reimb 50.00
- Chuck’s Service–supplies 50.00
- City Laundering–services 126.90
- City of Calmar–police services 15250.00
- Denco Const–street repair 58900.00
- Dillan Law Firm–legal 446.25
- DNR–permit fee 95.00
- Family Support Payment Center 1423.00
- Farmers Coop–supplies 58.98
- Fayette Publishing–publishing 247.36
- Fidelity Bank & Trust 3011.39
- Hawkins–supplies 15.00
- Hi–Viz Safety–signs 416.25
- Iowa League of Cities–training 50.00
- IPERS–October Ipers 2089.31
- John Deer Financial–supplies 128.64
- Keystone–fees 228.80
- Kyle Meyer–services 435.00
- Luana Savings Bank–HSA/fees 450.00
- Malcom–garbage service 5298.86
- Marco–technology 135.10
- Ossian Post Office–postage 144.90
- Reilly Const.–repair 260.00
- Reliable Dumpster–services 311.02
- Spee–dee Delivery–shipping 52.10
- Terry Durin–street lights 6087.80
- Visu–Sewer–maintenance 8949.50
- Wellmark–heath insurance 1713.69
- October 2021 payroll 7749.10
October 2021 Expenses by Fund
- General 40711.75
- Road Use 61452.64
- Employee Benefits 872.65
- Water 4784.94
- Sewer 14865.32
October 2021 Receipts
- General 112077.01
- Road Use Tax 8908.97
- Employee Benefits 10504.90
- Emergency 2703.40
- Local Option Sales Tax 10243.35
- Debt Service 29702.19
- Water 10627.92
- Sewer 14203.12