Posted: June 7, 2021
Present: Goltz, Langreck, Holthaus, Knutson at 5:04
Brian Zweibohmer, Art Uhlenhake
Ron Becker, Clark Goltz, Pam Buddenberg, Holly Fish left after they addressed the council.
Following the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, Mayor Beckman called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
Holly Fish spoke to the Council about splash pads. Fish provided some information from other towns who’ve recently added a splash pad and about cost and inquired about looking into grants for funding.
Clark Goltz, on behalf of the Visioning Committee, presented the Council with two options for streetlighting on Main Street which would be done with the Highway 52 project.
The Mayor and Council reviewed the submitted May police report.
Mayor Beckman’s report included: meetings attended, ICAP grant approval, fire station vent, and letters sent.
Langreck made a motion approving the following consent items: May 3, 2021 and May 24, 2021 council minutes, clerk’s reports and the monthly bills, seconded by Goltz, carried.
Goltz made a motion approving Resolution #656, a resolution authorizing the transfer of budgeted funds into the employee benefits, emergency and sewer funds; second by Holthaus
Whereupon the Mayor put the question on the motion and the following named Council Members voted:
Ayes: Holthaus, Langreck, Goltz, Knutson.
Nays: None. Absent: Lienau.
Whereupon the Mayor declared said motion carried and the resolution adopted.
Holthaus made a motion approving an agreement from Rachelle K. Thompson, CPA, for an annual exam for fiscal year ending June 30, 2021; second by Knutson, carried.
The Mayor and Council held a lengthy discussion concerning the candidates being considered as the replacement for the Maintenance Employee position. Following discussion, Knutson made a motion recommending hiring Matt Schutte as the Maintenance Employee at the hourly rate of $23.00; seconded by Holthaus, carried, with the four council members present all saying yes.
Holthaus made a motion to accept a bid from Meyer Concrete for 127 feet of street repairs on North Street; seconded by Langreck, carried.
Knutson made a motion approving building permit for Penny Hertges; seconded by Goltz, carried.
Council had a general discussion regarding swim bus, ICAP insurance, streetlights in Military Trail Estate, Fall Clean-up Event, sidewalk replacement ordinance, gravel/shoulder on Jessie Street, and Highway 52 project.
Goltz made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Langreck, carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:17 pm.
May 2021 Expenses
- Acentek 707.21
- Aflac–employee insurance 335.92
- Alliant Energy–elect utilities 5075.13
- Anderson Law Trust–legal 1229.70
- Becker Hardware–maint supplies/repair 116.77
- Black Hills Energy–gas utilities 390.89
- Casey’s–vehicle operations 468.94
- Continental Research Corp–supplies 1199.02
- Decorah Newspaper–publishing 63.00
- Family Support Payment Center 1423.00
- Farmer’s Coop–supplies 22.60
- Fidelity Bank & Trust 2893.22
- Hawkins–supplies 15.00
- Iowa League of Cities–dues 480.00
- IPERS–May Ipers 2204.55
- Keystone–fees 228.80
- Kyle Meyer–mowing 290.00
- LL Pelling–supplies 904.41
- Luana Savings Bank–debt pmt 64550.00
- Marco–technology 130.00
- Neal’s Auto Body–services 105.00
- Ossian Post Office–postage 200.95
- Reilly Construction–services 4358.00
- Spee–dee Delivery–shipping 70.33
- Storey Kenworthy–supplies 91.09
- The Fayette County Union–publishing 373.04
- UMB Bank–debt pmt 115540.00
- Utility Equipment Company–supplies 122.55
- Wellmark–heath insurance 3414.75
- May 2021 payroll 7582.38
May 2021 Expenses by Fund
- General 13544.77
- Road Use 3213.08
- Employee Benefits 1943.43
- Debt Service 180090.00
- Water 9978.13
- Sewer 5816.84
May 2021 Receipts
- General 44572.40
- Road Use Tax 8610.23
- Employee Benefits 840.02
- Emergency 151.20
- Local Option Sales Tax 9859.28
- Library Trust 259.65
- Debt Service 147896.70
- Water 12883.84
- Sewer 14295.71