Posted: July 7, 2021
Present: Langreck, Holthaus, Knutson, Lienau
Following the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, Mayor Beckman called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
Mark Durbahn spoke to the council regarding the Highway 52 project.
The Mayor and Council reviewed the submitted June police report.
Mayor Beckman’s report included: meetings attended, updates on the well and lift stations, and American Rescue Plan.
Lienau made a motion approving the following consent items: June 7, 2021 and June 21, 2021 council minutes, clerk’s reports and the monthly bills, seconded by Knutson, carried.
Langreck made a motion to enter into an agreement with AECOM for services for Highway 52 streetlighting not to exceed $13,700; second by Knutson, carried.
Lienau made a motion to replace 15 manhole covers on Main Street at $254/each; second by Langreck, carried.
Council had general discussion regarding the Highway 52 streetscape. There will not be a bump-out at Mary Street. Curb and gutter and streetlights were also discussed and tabled to gather more information.
Ordinance #85 and Resolution #657 were tabled.
Lienau made a motion awarding the Military Trail Estate streetlight installation contract to Becker Hardware; second by Knutson, carried.
Knutson made a motion approving a 28E agreement with NEICAC; second by Langreck, carried.
The city clerk will contact the attorney regarding a nuisance property.
Langreck made a motion approving the Ossian Crown Club’s application for a 5-Day Beer Permit w/Outdoor Service and the renewal of Shooter’s Bar & Grill’s Class C Liquor/Sunday Sales Permit, both pending dram shop, seconded by Holthaus, carried.
The fence permit application was tabled to gather more information.
Discussion on sidewalk reimbursement was tabled.
Lienau made a motion to approve a bid by Mark Bohr to concrete a small section on Hall Street; second by Knutson, carried.
Langreck made a motion to make repairs to the Paulson Lift Station for $2480.53; second by Knutson, carried.
The Mayor and Council held a lengthy discussion concerning the wages. Following discussion, Langreck made a motion for the wages of the maintenance employees wages to be: Don Dilaura $25.00/hour, Brian Zweibohmer $24.00/hour and Chad Bohr, $23.00/hour effective July 1, 2021, second by Holthaus, carried, with the Holthaus, Langreck and Knutson voting yes and Lienau voting no.
Holthaus made a motion approving a building permit for Blooms on Main and Graham Goltz, seconded by Knutson, carried.
Council had a general discussion regarding snow removal, well pipe, Pavilion rental, Uhlenhake sewer hook-up, curb stops, city mowing, security cameras
Lienau made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Langreck, carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:15 pm.
June 2021 Expenses
- Acentek 711.79
- Aflac–employee insurance 335.92
- Alliant Energy–elect utilities 5245.23
- Allied Systems–services 346.26
- Badger Meter–services 129.30
- Baker & Taylor–libr books 16.84
- Becker Hardware–maint supplies/repair 4728.76
- Black Hills Energy–gas utilities 202.67
- Brian Zweibohmer–reimb 50.00
- Bruening Rock Products–rock 121.65
- Bryan Beckman–reimb 12.88
- Card Services–supplies 1119.91
- Casey’s–vehicle operations 589.75
- Chuck’s Station–vehicle operations 440.62
- City Laundering–services 180.22
- Decorah Movile Glass–window 200.00
- Decorah Tech–services 65.00
- Dillan Law Firm–legal 137.50
- Don Dilaura–reimb 115.80
- Drillings All Season Sports–parts 332.05
- Family Support Payment Center 1423.00
- Fayette Publishing–publishing 121.11
- Farmer’s Coop–supplies 65.00
- Fidelity Bank & Trust 3873.41
- Fluence–parts 5188.00
- Hawkins–supplies 15.00
- ICAP–insurance 22832.00
- IMWCA–work comp insurance 3084.00
- Iowa League of Cities–dues 791.00
- Iowa One Call–services 29.90
- IPERS–June Ipers 3060.56
- John Deere Financial–parts 169.49
- Justin Bohr–services 200.00
- Kay Elsbernd–reimb 31.16
- Keystone–fees 248.80
- Kyle Meyer–mowing 1160.00
- L&B Electric–services 1108.30
- LaCrosse Sign Co.–services 373.75
- Luana Savings Bank–HSA/fees 532.57
- Malcom–garbage service 5159.61
- Mid–American Research Chemical– supplies 178.76
- Marco–technology 130.00
- Mississippi Welder Supply–services 480.69
- Ossian Lumber Co.–supplies 24.08
- Ossian Post Office–postage 211.60
- Reilly Construction–services 1136.35
- Reminisce–subscription 22.00
- Riley’s–services 90.00
- Roger Colbenson–flowers 1880.00
- Rothmeyer Repair–services 40.50
- Shilling Supply Co–supplies 586.68
- Spee–dee Delivery–shipping 69.57
- Storey Kenworthy–supplies 474.29
- Time–subscription 42.75
- Trafficalm–speed sign 3874.00
- Treasurer State of Iowa–taxes 1255.00
- Treasurer State of Iowa–excise tax 1718.00
- Treasurer State of Iowa–sales tax 254.00
- UMB Bank–debt pmt 300.00
- Utility Equipment Company–supplies 1804.49
- Wellmark–heath insurance 3414.75
- Wicks Construction–repair 4720.00
- Winneshiek Co. Engineer–labor 68.78
- Ziegler–window 759.88
- June 2021 payroll 12963.95
June 2021 Expenses by Fund
- General 61919.76
- Road Use 13280.47
- Employee Benefits 2393.43
- Debt Service 300.00
- Water 16212.62
- Sewer 6942.65
June 2021 Receipts
- General 37308.71
- Road Use Tax 16262.06
- Employee Benefits 129.92
- Emergency 23.39
- Local Option Sales Tax 9859.28
- Debt Service 138.69
- Water 14997.16
- Sewer 43196.89