Posted: January 4, 2023
Present: Goltz, Holthaus, Knutson, Langreck, Lienau Absent: None
City employees present: Chad Bohr, Brian Zweibohmer, Ashley Goltz
Following the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, Mayor Beckman called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m. Council reviewed the submitted police report for December.
Holthaus made a motion approving the following consent items: December 5, 2022 council minutes, clerk’s reports, and the monthly bills; seconded by Knutson, carried.
Lienau made a motion setting a public hearing for the Proposed Property Tax Levy for February 6, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.,seconded by Goltz, carried
Langreck made a motion approving Resolution 686, a resolution amending the Employee Handbook by adding an Equipment and Tool Use Policy; seconded by Holthaus.
Whereupon the Mayor put the question on the motion and the following named Council Members voted: Ayes: Holthaus, Langreck, Lienau, Goltz, Knutson. Nays: None.
Whereupon the Mayor declared said motion carried and the resolution adopted.
Lienau made a motion renewing the Occupational Health Service Agreement with Gundersen Lutheran Administrative Services for January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023, seconded by Goltz; carried.
Lienau made a motion to renew the health insurance for February 1, 2023 and to increase the HSA contribution to $200 each month; second by Langreck, carried with Goltz abstaining.
Council reviewed logo design options for the new website.
Lienau made a motion approving an amended lease agreement with Winneshiek County for the Communications Tower; second by Holthaus, carried.
Council had discussion on Gworks software program.
Lienau made a motion to approve the alcoholic beverages permit renewal for Casey’s General Store, second by Knutson, carried.
Discussion on FY24 wages was tabled.
Council had a general discussion regarding Highway 52 project, water and sewer rates, parking ordinance, employee reviews, Veteran’s Memorial, lead and copper, and Christmas decorations for streetlights.
Goltz made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Knutson; carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:24pm.
December 2022 Expenses
- Acentek 864.24
- Aflac–employee insurance 316.50
- Alliant Energy–elect utilities 6554.46
- Allied Benefit Systems–insurance 1617.64
- Ashley Goltz–reimb 400.29
- Badger Meter–services 65.10
- Baker & Taylor–libr books 401.23
- Becker Hardware–supplies 85.44
- Black Hills Energy–gas utilities 1588.08
- Bohr Builders–repairs 760.00
- Brian Zweibohmer–reimb 50.00
- Casey’s General Store–fuel 696.44
- Chad Bohr–reimb 50.00
- City Laundering Co.–services 343.00
- Community Insurance of Iowa–insurance 113.00
- Decorah Electric–repairs 9188.00
- Dillon Law–legal 118.75
- Family Support Payment Center 1423.00
- Farmer’s Union Coop–supplies 3.82
- Fayette Publishing–publishing 209.17
- Fidelity Bank & Trust 5602.51
- Hawkins–supplies 40.00
- Iowa Division of Labor–inspection 200.00
- Iowa Prison Industries–supplies 57.40
- IPERS–December Ipers 3832.46
- Iroc Web Design–website 100.00
- Luana Savings Bank–HSA/fees 460.00
- Malcom–garbage 5910.11
- Marco–technology 140.97
- Microbac Lab–lab fees 253.25
- Ness Pumping–porta potty 875.00
- Ossian Post Office–postage 239.52
- Schilling Supply Co–supplies 425.42
- Spee–Dee Delivery–shipping 114.35
- Treasurer State of Iowa– taxes 2794.43
- UMB Bank–fees 300.00
- December 2022 payroll 17270.25
December 2022 Expenses by Fund
- General 30161.45
- Road Use 4346.81
- Employee Benefits 1306.38
- Debt Service 300.00
- Water 12244.58
- Sewer 15104.61
December 2022 Receipts
- General 26288.56
- Road Use Tax 9403.66
- Employee Benefits 1943.01
- Emergency 506.59
- Local Option Sales Tax 25581.29
- Debt Service 4161.19
- Water 13472.41
- Sewer 17649.96