Posted: December 7, 2020
Present: Holthaus, Goltz, Langreck, Knutson, Lienau
Also present: Don Dilaura, Brian Zweibohmer, Art Uhlenhake
Bob Moen left the meeting after his presentation
Following the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, Mayor Beckman called the meeting to order at 5:00 pm.
Bob Moen from Visu–Sewer gave a presentation regarding manholes and grouting sewer lines to reduce water infiltration.
The Mayor and Council reviewed the submitted November police report.
Mayor Beckman’s report included: attending Ossian Fire Department meeting, Highway 52 project, abandoned vehicles, Canadian Pacific Holiday Train, security camera installation and property update.
Lienau made a motion approving the following consent items: November 2, 2020 council minutes, clerk’s reports and the monthly bills, seconded by Knutson, carried.
Discussion regarding the back door at Old City Hall was tabled to gather more information.
Holthaus made a motion to reimburse the Ossian Crown Club for the cost of the trees at the Pavilion; motion does not pass for lack of a second. Lienau made a motion to reimburse the Ossian Crown Club for half the cost of the trees at the Pavilion, second by Knutson, carried.
Council had a general discussion regarding community center use, lighting by the recycling bins, budget preparation, property updates, Highway 52 project, UTV registration renewals and 2021 health insurance rates.
Lienau made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Goltz, carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:40 pm.
November 2020 Expenses
- Acentek 677.15
- Aflac–employee insurance 335.92
- Alliant Energy–elect utilities 4905.41
- Badger Meter–service fees 964.65
- Baker & Taylor Co–books 605.87
- Becker Hardware–maint supplies/repair 41.62
- Black Hills Energy–gas utilities 360.28
- Book Look 64.96
- Brenda Timp–rental refund 50.00
- Brian Zweibohmer–phone & mtg reimb 89.75
- Card Services–operating supplies 267.39
- Casey’s–vehicle operations 201.47
- Decorah Tech–tech services 759.31
- Dillon Law P.C.–legal 167.50
- Family Support Payment Center 1423.00
- Fidelity Bank & Trust 2603.46
- Hawkins–supplies 15.00
- IAMU–dues 374.99
- IPERS–November Ipers 2018.60
- Junior Library Guild–books 506.10
- Keystone–lab fees 228.50
- Kyle L Meyer–mowing 145.00
- Luana Savings Bank–HSA pymt 20.00
- Marco–technology 325.00
- Meyer Concrete–repairs 17859.00
- Ossian Post Office–postage 146.65
- Quill–supplies 58.72
- Randall Timp–reimb 100.00
- Riley’s Inc – libr supplies 75.75
- Rothmeyer Repair–services 22.50
- Shape Magazine–subscription 9.99
- Spee–dee Delivery–shipping 59.16
- UMB Bank–interest payment 15540.00
- USA Bluebook–supplies 1231.34
- Wellmark–heath insurance 3393.17
- November 2020 payroll 6709.52
November 2020 Expenses by Fund
- General 13216.32
- Road Use 19919.03
- Employee Benefits 425.81
- Capital Project 15540.00
- Water 6912.19
- Sewer 6343.38
November 2020 Receipts
- General 13602.40
- Road Use Tax 10522.72
- Employee Benefits 1134.53
- Emergency 204.20
- Local Option Sales Tax 30243.77
- Debt Service 4528.08
- Water 10414.89
- Sewer 14558.81