Posted: December 6, 2021
Newly elected officials Bryan Beckman, Mitchell Holthaus and David Knutson were sworn into office prior to the meeting.
Present: Goltz, Holthaus, Knutson, Langreck
Also Present: Karl Schroeder, Brian Zweibohmer, Chad Bohr
Adam Brincks, Tara Hoffert, Holly Fish, Clark Goltz, Ivan Franzen and Bill Green left after they addressed the council.
Following the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, Mayor Beckman called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
Adam Brincks addressed the council regarding the lack of property pins on Jessie Street. The pins were removed when the street was done in 2017 and not replaced. The City will look into this.
Tara Hoffert with Community Insurance of Iowa talked about health insurance.
Holly Fish discussed the possibility of a splash pad in Ossian with the council.
Ivan Franzen addressed the council regarding vacating First Avenue.
Bill Green provided some information from the Iowa DOT regarding the railroad crossing on Lydia Street.
Council reviewed the submitted police report for November.
Mayor Beckman’s report included: meetings attended, fire station generator, and street and sewer project updates.
Langreck made a motion approving the following consent items: November 1, 2021 council minutes, clerk’s reports, and the monthly bills, seconded by Goltz, carried.
Goltz made a motion approving an agreement with Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities allowing the City of Ossian to participate in their Iowa Safety Education Program, second by Knutson, carried.
Knutson made a motion for Meyer Concrete to repair North Street in 2022 with an increase of $9/yard of concrete to a previously submitted bid, second by Holthaus; carried.
Council had discussion on purchasing aerators from the City of Calmar using ARPA funds. Holthaus made a motion to not use the ARPA funds for this purchase, second by Goltz; carried.
Council had discussion on nuisance properties in town.
Council had a general discussion regarding upcoming holidays, curb stop replacement, Highway 52 project, snowplow wings, splash pad, First Avenue, and upcoming budget season.
Goltz made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Langreck; carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:06pm.
November 2021 Expenses
- Acentek 680.22
- AECOM–services 2096.76
- Aflac–employee insurance 346.36
- Alliant Energy–elect utilities 4879.63
- Allied Systems–repair 660.45
- Badger Meter–services 964.95
- Black Hills Energy–gas utilities 363.88
- Book Look–libr books 393.76
- Brian Zweibohmer–reimb 56.00
- Card Services–training 372.73
- Casey’s–vehicle operations 615.09
- Chad Bohr–reimb 289.59
- City Laundering–services 126.90
- David Knutson–tech services 150.00
- Dillon Law Firm–legal 135.00
- Donna’s Painting–services 120.00
- Doug Egland Tiling–demolition 10000.00
- Family Support Payment Center 1423.00
- Farmers Coop–supplies 24.50
- Fayette Publishing–publishing 95.94
- Fidelity Bank & Trust 2969.10
- Green Lawn–spraying 1010.00
- Gworks–tech services 1698.48
- Hawkins–supplies 15.00
- Howard’s Tire–tires 782.00
- IAMU–dues 353.04
- Iowa Division of Labor–permit 200.00
- Iowa One Call–locate 72.30
- Iowa Rural Water Assoc–dues 225.00
- IPERS–November Ipers 2058.74
- Keystone–fees 251.80
- Kyle Meyer–services 435.00
- Luana Savings Bank–HSA/fees/bond int 4270.00
- Malcom–garbage service 5298.86
- Marco–technology 135.10
- Midwest Tape–libr videos 37.48
- Omnisite–service 37.81
- Ossian Lumber Co.–supplies 32.52
- Ossian Post Office–postage 144.55
- Prairie Road Builders–street repair 8120.00
- Randall Timp–reimb 100.00
- Riley’s–libr supplies 90.45
- Storey Kenworthy–supplies 70.26
- Total Tree Care–tree service 800.00
- UMB Bank–bond interest 14540.00
- Utility Equipment Co–supplies 295.20
- Visu–Sewer–maintenance 18853.00
- Wellmark–heath insurance 1792.64
- November 2021 payroll 7599.37
November 2021 Expenses by Fund
- General 33364.09
- Road Use 10250.40
- Employee Benefits 872.65
- Debt Service 18340.00
- Water 8073.94
- Sewer 25181.38
November 2021 Receipts
- General 16334.43
- Road Use Tax 7039.27
- Employee Benefits 477.23
- Emergency 122.81
- Local Option Sales Tax 28365.56
- ARPA Revenue 194.22
- Library Trust 50.00
- Debt Service 953.42
- Water 9806.51
- Sewer 13721.74