Posted: December 3, 2018
Present: Beckman, Knutson, Langreck, Lienau. Holthaus arrived at 5:08 pm
Don Dilaura, Brian Zweibohmer, and Zak Kriener from the Ossian Bee were present during the meeting.
Following the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, Mayor Green called the meeting to order at 5:00 pm.
Officer Ward gave the November police report.
Mayor Green reported he has started using the new water meter application and encourages residents to take advantage of the free service; recommended the purchase of safety stands for the city shop; dealt with an open burning violation and offered congratulations to Sue Lienau on her book endeavor.
Beckman made a motion approving the following consent items: November 5, 2018 council minutes, clerk’s reports and the monthly bills, seconded by Holthaus, carried.
The Council reviewed the proposed credit card policy and in addition to what was proposed added a statement requiring any charges on the credit card for personal used be deducted from his/her wages.
Lienau made a motion introducing Resolution #612, a resolution approving the credit card policy, seconded by Knutson.
Whereupon the Mayor put the question on the motion and the following named Council Members voted:
Ayes: Holthaus, Langreck, Lienau, Beckman, Knutson.
Whereupon the Mayor declared said motion carried and the resolution adopted.
The Council discussed an active nuisance that has not been abated and concluded due to winter weather conditions the matter will be tabled until springtime when weather improves.
In recognition of the 50th year of municipal Home Rule in Iowa, Beckman made a motion authorizing Mayor Green to sign a Home Rule Proclamation showing Ossian’s support of its continued authority, seconded by Lienau, Carried.
Lienau made a motion approving the appointment of Amanda Uhlenhake, as the City of Ossian’s representative, to the South Winneshiek Recreation Program Board replacing Laura Greve whose term expires 12/31/2018, seconded by Beckman, carried.
Following review of the city employees’ health insurance options, Lienau made a motion recommending the City renew the current health insurance plan; myBlue HDHP/Silver 4500 PPO effective February 1, 2019, seconded by Langreck, carried.
A general discussion took place that included; costs to replace a section of storm sewer; estimates to make repairs at two of the city’s sewage lift stations; the UTV ordinance recently passed by the Winneshiek County Supervisors; the upcoming FY20 Budget; the railroads Holiday Train; snow removal.
Lienau made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Langreck, carried. Meeting adjourned at 5:55 pm.
November 2018 Expenses
- Acentek-phone/internet charges 464.00
- Aflac-employee deduction 254.40
- Alliant Energy-elect utilities 5703.32
- Badger Meter-service fee 64.20
- Baker & Taylor-library books 557.48
- Banyon Data Systems-program support 395.00
- Becker Hardware-supplies 5.99
- Black Hills Energy-gas utilities 407.88
- Bohr Construction-intake repair 2548.00
- Brian Zweibohmer-phone reimb 50.00
- Cardmember Service-library supp. 229.98
- Casey’s-vehicle operations 478.76
- Center Point Large Print-library books 68.24
- Chlorinators Inc.-repair 151.00
- City Laundering-services&supplies 274.97
- Consumer Reports-subscription 30.00
- Don Dilaura-phone & suppl reimb 72.23
- Farmers Union Coop-operating supp 41.40
- Family Support Pymt Ctr-pymt service 1423.00
- Fayette Publishing-publication fee 67.80
- Fluence-equip repair 603.00
- Hawkins-operating supplies 15.00
- Heier Tree Service-tree services 600.00
- IMWCA-workcomp insurance 111.00
- Iowa One Call-locate services 27.00
- IPERS-Nov. Ipers 2169.15
- Joyce Bakewell-suppl reimb 6.32
- Jude Zweibohmer-reimb mtg & supp. 24.92
- Junior Library Guild-books 9.85
- Keystone Lab-lab fees 251.50
- Kyle Meyer-mowing services 140.00
- L&B Electric-repair 125.86
- Letter Werks-signage 988.60
- Linda Betsinger McCan-books 85.00
- Luana Savings Bank-h.s.a.pymt & fees 460.00
- Malcom Enterprises-garbage service 5037.73
- MARC-supplies 127.73
- Ossian Post Office-postage 200.85
- Ossian Public Library-petty cash 76.50
- Postville Vet Clinic-ups charges 105.00
- Quill Corporation-supplies 22.53
- Randall Timp-supp reimb 100.00
- Reilly Const-signage 50.00
- Riley’s-library supplies 30.00
- Rite Price Office-supplies 144.01
- Schilling Supply Co-maint supplies 263.73
- IRS-Nov. Federal deposit 3346.85
- Storey Kenworthy-operating supplies 660.00
- The Iowan-subscription 24.00
- Wellmark-insurance 3268.46
- Winneshiek Co Engineer-repair 491.40
- November 2018 payroll 7216.91
November 2018 Expenses by Fund
- General 20047.95
- Road Use 4326.23
- Employee Benefits 1118.17
- Water 7083.57
- Sewer 7494.63
November 2018 Receipts
- General 22519.18
- Road Use Tax 9473.82
- Employee Benefits 1837.50
- Emergency 442.87
- Local Option Sales Tax 15605.06
- Debt Service 4977.30
- Water 9623.62
- Sewer 11756.50