Posted: August 3, 2020
Present: Holthaus, Goltz, Langreck, Knutson, Lienau.
Also Present: Brian Zweibohmer, Karl Scroeder, Mike Meyer, Art Uhlenhake, Mike Bergan arrived at 5:50.
Following the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, Mayor Beckman called the meeting to order at 5:00 pm.
The Mayor and Council reviewed the submitted July police report.
Mayor Beckman’s report included: meetings attended, grass in the street and animal letters, Vinton Tuck Pointing and Military Trails Estate updates.
Mayor Beckman also commended and thanked those who worked to cleanup the Ossian rocks on both the east and west ends of town.
Holthaus made a motion approving the following consent items: July 6, 2020 council minutes, clerk’s reports and the monthly bills, seconded by Goltz, carried.
Council had a general discussion regarding the Jessie/Brooks Street intersection and stop signs.
Council discussed the 3rd annual Fall City Wide Clean-up day which has been set for September 18 & 19, 2020. It was decided that the amount charged for certain items would stay the same.
Council discussed possible safety items the City could apply for using a 2020 ICAP Grant made available by the city’s insurance carrier. Holthaus made a motion to use the grant for street signs as presented to the Council. Motion did not pass for lack of a second. The matter was tabled for further consideration.
Discussion on North Street maintenance was tabled.
Lienau made a motion approving Resolution #638, a resolution approving the FY20 Street Finance Report; seconded by Knutson. Whereupon the Mayor put the question on the motion and the following named Council Members voted:
Ayes: Knutson, Lienau, Langreck, Goltz, Holthaus.
Whereupon the Mayor declared said motion carried and the resolution adopted.
Council discussed the UTV/golf cart ordinance regulations and violations along with ATV’s on city streets. Law enforcement will be contacted to help with enforcing the regulations.
Upon discussion of purchasing a power washer, it was tabled to gather further information.
The Council took no action regarding allowing Joe Kriener to put in a septic for his shed.
Due to Labor Day, the September regular council meeting will be held Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Lienau made a motion to a approve building permit for Randy and Kim Tieskoetter; second by Knutson. Langreck made a motion to approve a building permit for Ian Lienau; second by Goltz.
Discussion on the lagoon fence; it was tabled to gather further information.
Council had a general discussion regarding use of the community center, trees at Carey’s Park and sidewalk at City Park.
Council also received an update on the progress of 209 Fisher Ave.
Holthaus made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Langreck, carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:52 pm.
City Clerk: Ashley Goltz
Mayor: Bryan Beckman
July 2020 Expenses
- Acentek-phone/internet charges 1040.46
- Aflac- employee insurance 503.88
- Alliant Energy-elect utilities 6492.30
- Anderson Law Firm-legal fees 90.00
- Badger Meter-service fees 64.50
- Baker & Taylor Co-library books 659.59
- Becker Hardware-maint supplies/repair 729.03
- Biblionix-tech services 800.00
- Black Hills Energy-gas utilities 159.36
- Bolson Floor Service 400.00
- Book Look- library books 424.74
- Brian Zweibohmer-phone & reimb 50.00
- Bruening Rock Products-rock 69.92
- Card Services-operating supplies 1790.59
- Casey’s-vehicle operations 392.23
- Chuck’s Service 50.00
- City Laundering-services 180.04
- Croell-cement 1295.00
- Decorah Tech LLC-tech services 754.98
- DNR-permit fee 102.21
- Don Dilaura-phone & reimb 50.00
- Family Support Payment Center 1423.00
- Farmer’s Union Coop 68.00
- Fayette Publishing-publication fee 98.72
- Fidelity Bank & Trust 6219.27
- Fluence 1102.00
- Hawkins-supplies 25.00
- Helping Services 200.00
- IAMU-dues 374.99
- IMFOA-dues 50.00
- IPERS-July Ipers 4113.46
- Keystone-lab fees 229.00
- Kyle L Meyer-mowing 580.00
- L&B Electric-services 893.80
- Luana Savings Bank- HSA pymt 600.00
- Luana Savings Bank – service fees 10.00
- Malcom Enterprises-garbage serv. 5027.42
- Miracle Recreation-park swings 406.74
- NEIA Housing Trust-fee 1000.00
- NEICAC 845.00
- Ossian Post Office-postage 205.00
- People-subscription 96.00
- Quill Corp-supplies 39.35
- RDF-park supplies 15513.80
- Reilly Construction 353.00
- Riley’s Inc – library supplies 30.00
- Rothmeyer Repair-services 230.00
- Schilling Supply Co-supplies 345.59
- South Winn Rec-contribution 5000.00
- Spahn & Rose Lumber Co-supplies 219.04
- Spee-Dee Delivery-shipping chgs 50.20
- Storey Kenworthy-supplies 35.99
- Treasurer State of Iowa – taxes 1957.00
- Uline-supplies 225.53
- Utility Equipment Co – supplies 227.92
- Wellmark-heath insurance 3393.17
- Winneshiek Co Development-fee 1500.00
- Zeigler – supplies 2.50
- July 2020 payroll 15583.34
July 2020 Expenses by Fund
- General 55818.25
- Road Use 3363.26
- Employee Benefits 725.81
- Capital Project 1295.00
- Water 10166.32
- Sewer 13004.02
July 2020 Receipts
- General 13356.80
- Road Use Tax 14206.86
- Employee Benefits 360.23
- Emergency 64.65
- Local Option Sales Tax 8827.04
- Debt Service 379.77
- Capital Project 75.00
- Water 12761.10
- Sewer 18231.27