St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church

Contact Info

420 E. Main Street Ossian, IA 52161

Fr. Henry Huber currently serves the parish. Office Manager: Denise Uhenhake

Weekend Mass Schedule: Sunday – 8:00 am

The first Catholic church, a frame church measuring 80 feet long and 31 feet wide with seating for 250 was dedicated as St. Francis de Sales Church in 1869.  In 1895 an increase in membership prompted the planning for a new church. The Gothic style church, 133 feet long,  52 feet wide with a one hundred fifty foot spiral and seating for 700 was built.  In 1994 structural problems became efficient and in 1996 the church was torn down with plans to build another church in its place.  The church that now stands was dedicated in March 1998  will seat about 450 and was built with many items from the 1895 gothic church incorporated into the new church.  St. Francis de Sales Parish currently serves approximately 370 area families.